2017 Collaborative Conference - Save the Dates
October 2 & 3 | Penn Stater, State College, PA!
The Alliance for Nonprofit Resources (ANR), The Community Action Association of Pennsylvania (CAAP) and PANO are proud to be teaming up this year to present the 2017 collaborative conference – Inclusion by Design: The Voices of Our Communities, Our Organizations, and You!
Inclusion can take on a lot of different meanings. For some, it may mean designing services to be widely accessible to people of different ability levels, cultural, religious, or economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, etc. It may mean considering new funding streams. For others, it may mean recruiting diverse board members or fostering an internal workplace culture of belonging, connection, and community.
No matter what inclusion means to our nonprofit constituents, we’d like for all learners to walk away understanding how to approach inclusion with purpose – as a mindset and not a requirement. Join us in celebrating and embracing diversity, uniqueness and the art of intentional inclusion!
Here is a sneak peak at the workshop tracks:
- Community Action: topics that are specifically applicable to community action organizations.
- Diversity: define, understand the basics and prepare to create and nurture a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Advocacy: focus on advocacy issues for nonprofits.
- Communications: tips, tools, and practice for attendees looking to create more inclusive communications.
- Resource Development: fundraising and other forms of resource development.
- Professional Development: opportunities for staff at all levels, from front line staff to executive directors.
- Legal Compliance and Ethics: Legal considerations, rules, regulations and best practices.
- Board Development: tips, tools and practices for board engagement, culture, recruitment, etc.
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the conference? Check out our sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities!
2016 Collaborative Conference
The 2016 Collaborative Conference took place on September 12 & 13 at the Penn Stater in State College PA! The conference was a joint effort between PANO, Vibrant Pittsburgh and 13 other partners from across the state.
The 2016 theme was: The Art of Courageous Risk Taking, stepping out of our comfort zone to take strides that will advance our organizations and our communities. Check out the photos from the conference